Build your UX site as unique as you are!
You have decided to redesign your site, to purify it, and to optimize it for the search engines by working on your content and your target keywords. Your positioning has improved, and you have gained great organic visibility in the search results pages. You have gone from the 2nd to the 1st page.
However, your turnover has barely changed. You have bet everything to show up organically on a SERP, but you are not completely satisfied and are looking for an acquisition lever that can unblock the situation.
Are you familiar with the term “user experience” or UX? Well, know that it has been estimated that 68% of users leave a site if they have a terrible experience while browsing and that of this 68 %, 44% will share their bad experience with their loved ones.
But how can you increase your conversion rate by improving the (UX) user eXperience of your site?
UX Design definition
First, let’s start by discovering together what the concept of user experience or UX is.
In the web environment, UX (User eXperience) designates the experience lived by the user on a website. That is to say, and it will directly imply the emotional impact felt by your user.
It is a necessarily speculative discipline which is divided into 7 distinct disciplines:
- UX Research which allows, with the help of interviews or user tests, to understand the end-user and his relationship with the product (the context of use, the problems encountered, etc.)
- The information architecture that will allow information to be structured clearly and precisely
- The conception of the interaction which aims to anticipate the behavior of the user with the product
- The usability assessment will measure the quality of the user experience when using the product
- The visual design that will aim to create the visual of the final product
- The content strategy that will allow the creation, dissemination, and publication of useful content
- Even if it may seem enormous, you should know that a site with a well-worked UX will optimize the conversion rate.
Conversion rate: Why your customers don’t convert
There are 5 reasons why your website does not satisfy the visitors who enter it:
- The loading time of your site: in fact, 20% of users abandon their shopping cart when they consider the site too slow.
- Poor ergonomics and accessibility to information: 44% of visitors leave a site if they cannot find the contact information.
- The unpleasant interface design of your website: 48% of users say that the design of a website is an essential factor for the credibility of a company.
- The lack of trust and legitimacy that your site inspires: the tone or the products presented by your website may seem suspicious.
- The little use that can be made of your content: your content is trivial, uninteresting and does not add value to your visitor.
For a surfer, entering a site requires effort and attention, which represents a cost for him. If he does not bother to stay on it, then your user cannot quickly and easily find the information he is looking for on your site. Thus, giving it an immediate value to which it can hold on will allow you to no longer scare him away.
User experience: How to inspire your customers
Encouraging your users to invest in your products is crucial to identify which are the blocking points in the eyes of users.
These are 4 methods to let you know which aspect of your site is affected:
- Measure absolute loading time, traffic and conversion volume, page views per session.
- Calculate the bounce rate by type of pages (how long it takes visitors to leave your page)
- Know the route traced by your users on your site with tools like HotJar
- Test with users to find out if the user interface is usable and understandable and find the sticking points
But how do you use this information effectively? By refocusing your site on the user.
It is necessary to rebuild or optimize your site so that it offers a defined path to the user, a path by which he will gradually deepen the value that we seek to bring him.
This consists of arousing your desire from the first page visited without immediately revealing the value offered in its entirety.
The best way to do this is to optimize a “conversion funnel,” which will naturally direct your user from the first acquisition page to the shopping pages.
The construction of this funnel is based on 3 conditions:
- The technical performance of your site which must be as efficient as possible so as not to frustrate the user (loading and browsing speed) and a design which must be responsive, that is to say, adapted to any support
- The graphic charter which must be simplified and pleasant so as not to associate your value with a negative feeling
- The most important condition: written content that urges your users to action. This involves creating buttons called “call-to-action” that directly encourage your users to click on your links and change pages, writing landing pages, titles and tags that arouse emotion and support on the user’s need, and the production of content that reassures and convinces your user to appeal to you.
If these conditions are not met, the user could feel that he is wasting his time and will, without hesitation, leave your site.
Retention: How to make your site a real growth driver
All these conditions more or less fulfilled; your site finally begins to bring the customers you need. Still not enough for you? Do you want to expand your activity and accelerate its growth?
This is where the concept of experience really takes on its full meaning.
Because what will make your product or service will mark a user and that more and more customers will come to you, is that he will live a unique emotional experience on your site. How to create it?
Providing interactive and lively web content: through videos, podcasts and photo albums which transmit a compelling story-telling
By offering content that can make your user feel that he is having a conversation with you thanks to a personal, playful writing style and by chatbots integrated on your site
Personalizing the offer and the content that you offer the user. Thanks to a data deepening that you collected about him.
It is through this reliable and effective methodology that your brand and your turnover will genuinely grow.
Do you also want a site that gives your customers experience? Our digital agency brings together the skills of back end / front end developer, UI / Ux web designers, and marketers. Whether for a complete overhaul or the proposal of a new website model or prototypes, contact us.