What defines high-quality content to Google
The key to success for your website: create the best possible user experience with original and high-quality content!
Producing quality content is essential if you want to stand out in Google’s search results (more than 95% of the search market). Original and quality content will make your site useful and unique, it is possible that your visitors come back and even refer your content on their own website. Engaging high-quality content is essential to attract as many Internet users as possible over time.
What does Google say about the quality of the content:
‘We suggest you read our quality guidelines carefully’ … ” When a site has been sanctioned, it may not appear in the results of Google.com or on Google’s partner sites... ‘
Some tips to read before producing your content
When creating your website, you will necessarily be confronted with the production of text content, before starting to write it, make sure that your website meets the following characteristics:
Your website is useful, rich and informative: If you put a site about an SPA, do not forget to include the address, the schedules, the coordinates, the care, and massages practiced, also think to include a blog to share all upcoming events.
Your site is credible: Enhance the credibility of your site by using for example known quotes, quality external links, opinions, and testimonials. Testimonials from real customers improve the reliability and reputation of your website.
Your site offers high-quality content:
The text and image content of your site must be unique, specific and highly qualitative. Content should not be mass-produced or copied from other sites. Your content must be created primarily to provide your visitors with a good user experience (UX), the concern related to your ranking by search engines must come in the second time.
Your website is more qualitative and useful than other sites:
If you write articles about cooking recipes, make sure the content of your articles is of better quality or makes a different presentation or treatment than many others articles on the same subject.
The site is engaging:
Your site must be attractive, colorful (no more than 4 colors) and alive, feel free to add photos of your products, and why not a photo of your team and yourself. Eliminate spelling mistakes as much as possible, always favor the legibility of the text, adopt a sober and uncluttered style and ban factual errors.
- A profusion of ads can also distract users and distract them from your content. Involve your visitors and promote interaction with them by publishing regularly and offering them spaces to leave comments, also promote sharing to social networks.
- Each page must be accessible from at least one static text link.
- Create a Sitemap whose links point to the most important sections.
- Limit the number of links per page.
- Design a useful and informative site.
- Write pages presenting your content in a clear and relevant way.
- Identify the words that people are likely to use to search for your pages.
- Use these same terms in the content of your site.
- To present the most important elements of your site (names, content, links, etc.), use text rather than graphics elements that can be misinterpreted.
- Use ALT attributes to include a brief description of the images.
- Make sure that <title> elements and alt attributes are accurate and descriptive.
- Make sure your links are working properly and that the HTML of your pages does not present any errors.
- Use own URLs.
Not to do :
In general, eliminate anything that might cause your visitors to not trust or leave your site:
- Errors such as dead links (404 errors, to be corrected with 301 redirects) and bad information,
- The presence of spam in the comments,
- Grammar errors and spelling mistakes,
- An excessive number of advertisements,
- The presence of duplicate content on your site.
The creation of quality content is primarily a matter of logic and common sense with a zest for web writing. Creating high-quality content and, providing a good experience for your audience will necessarily attract you to Google and improve your SEO and positioning. If you do not follow these guidelines, you risk getting the wrath of the Google Panda and Google Penguin duo.